My SEC Power Poll week one ballot. Final results available at Team Speed Kills on Wednesday.
1. Florida: They won their scrimmage game by playing at half speed. We really can't assess the Gators until the Tennessee game.
2. Alabama: Aside from some first game rust, still looks like the team to beat out West. Greg McElroy was good enough, but it was the rushing attack that will again lead the Tide.
3. LSU: I don't put too much into LSU's play at Washington. The Huskies will be decent this year and LSU started the game at 9pm Baton Rouge time. I think most expected a blowout, so an eight-point win seems too close for comfort.
5. Tennessee: When will we know how good Tennessee is? September 19, Hate Bowl 2009.
7. Georgia: It's hard for me to admit, but I was rooting for UGA Saturday. I was also acting like a Dogs fan and cursing at Joe Cox. That said, the Dogs had 30 rush and 30 pass attempts. Balance is nice, but not when the QB has "flu like symptoms".
9. Auburn: As much as I want SEC teams to win OOC, I was happy to see LaTech down three at the half. Fortunately for Chizik, SEC talent took over.
12. Mississippi State