My SEC Basketball Power Poll ballot. Results at Ghost of Chucky, which is an Ole Miss blog. Seriously.
1. Kentucky: UK fans will cherish this season when it gets taken away from them in four years because John Calipari did something illegal. I have my fingers crossed for Ashley Judd illegally recruiting John Wall.
2. Tennessee: This team has so many weapons. With their firepower and shooting skills, they could blow teams away. (Hooray for gun references!)
3. Vanderbilt: Slowly making their case for an NCAA bid. Vandy has won eight consecutive games and is 9-0 at home.
4. Mississippi State: The worst of the 3-0 SEC teams. Total margin of victory in those games? 10 points.
5. Ole Miss: The best of the 2-2 SEC teams. Just seems like they are destined for an early SEC tournament exit.
6. South Carolina: Have fallen hard after starting 2-0. But Devan Downey is so good that his 25 points, on 7-20 field goals, against Ole Miss was seen as being shut down.
8. Arkansas: How different would things be if Courtney Fortson was around the entire season?
9. Alabama: JaMychal Green (15 points, 7 rebounds per game) is the brightest spot in a rebuilding season.
10. Auburn: Maybe they aren't as bad as 1-3 since they did start with a tough SEC schedule. But they didn't impress in out-of-conference either.
11. Georgia: The best of the zero win SEC teams. But there is only one other winless team, so that isn't saying much.
12. LSU: At least they still have Tasmin Mitchell.