Our SEC Basketball Power Poll. Final results at Garnet and Black Attack.
1. Kentucky: Clearly the best in the SEC, but the loss at South Carolina and down to the wire games at Mississippi State and Vanderbilt shows that they are still a young team.
2. Vanderbilt: The only teams Vandy has lost to since the beginning of December are Kentucky and Georgia. But they could get tripped up with home games against UGA and South Carolina, road games at UF and Arky.
3. Tennessee: The Vols haven't scored more than 70 points in their last four games. Cause for concern or just late season fatigue?
4. Florida: Chandler Parsons wants to snap UT's six game hold on the Gators Tuesday. If UF wins and can finish 3-1 in their final four games (UT, UGA, Vandy, UK), they can be ranked heading into the SEC tourney.
6. Arkansas: Losing some gas with losses in 2 of their last 3. If Courtney Fortson had been around all season, maybe the Hogs are a bubble team.
7. South Carolina: How long did we talk about Devan Downey being SEC player of the year? He is still a great player, but John Wall's play at Vandy on Saturday knocked Downey out. SC losing 4 of 5 didn't help either.
8. Mississippi: Considering the gap between divisions, I guess we should be impressed the Rebels went 2-4 against the SEC East.
9. Alabama: The Tide are a 30 minute team that could be better than their record. They blew big second half leads to UGA and Ole Miss, plus they have three 1-point losses.
10. Auburn: Still in the top-50 of scoring nationally. Not bad for a 4-8 SEC record.
11. Georgia: Can be a thorn in the East Division with games at Vandy and home for Florida and UK.