The Florida Gators are ranked fourth in the first edition of the 2012 Rivals.com team recruiting rankings. They are behind No. 1 Texas, No. 2 Michigan, and No. 3 Florida State. Of the 15 Florida commitments at this point, Rivals lists 10 as four-stars, four as three-stars, and one as a two-star. (I wouldn't worry about the two-star all that much, as kickers are rarely ever rated any higher.)
Other teams to keep an eye on:
- LSU - No. 6
- Auburn - No. 7
- Alabama - No. 8
- South Carolina - No. 10
- Miami - No. 12
- Tennessee - not in Top 50
The main things to take away from this?
- Florida State is rolling under Jimbo Fisher. At least from a recruiting standpoint, FSU appears to be back.
- The Iron Bowl between Auburn and Alabama is going to be awesome to watch. It has been a while since that series was even. I still give the edge to 'Bama when it comes to coaching, though.
- Steve Spurrier finally seems to have the Gamecocks where everyone thought they'd be four years ago.
- Miami is Miami.
- Georgia will rise (as it always does) by the end of the season.
- Tennessee needs to get their act together. There isn't all much top-tier talent in the state of Tennessee, so they can't afford to make a lot of moves in the last minute.