Marvin Gentry-US PRESSWIRE
Florida's loss meant the usual suspect got to top our BlogPoll ballot again.
I haven't explained my BlogPoll ballot this week, so this is me explaining it.
- Alabama's the best team in the country. I firmly believe that now.
- Kansas State gets the No. 2 spot because of resume and defense. Would K-State beat Oregon 51 times of 100 on a neutral field? I dunno.
- ...uh, kinda screwed up on Oklahoma there. Whoops. I should have put 'em No. 10 and moved every other team up.
- Ohio State's rise is about being a decent team for once, but more about all the other teams falling out of the picture in the teens. Louisville would lose to Ohio State.
- It's a shame we don't get to see Jadeveon Clowney chase around Johnny Manziel this year. I mean that.
- Texas Tech's body of work is too good for the Red Raiders to fall out of everything despite getting stomped by K-State.
- If I had my druthers, I would have just not ranked USC. Middling Pac-12 teams shouldn't be ranked.
- I think there are only about 18 really good teams, but the BlogPoll forces me to rank 25 each week. I am not responsible for you thinking West Virginia is actually good if I disclaim that like this, right?