Our 25 predictions for Florida's November cupcake date with Louisiana-Lafayette.
- Florida will score in the first quarter.
Right. Florida got on the board after Louisiana's fumble.
- Florida will score first.
Right. The Gators held a 3-0 lead after that field goal.
- Florida will lead by double digits at some point in the first half.
Wrong. Florida did lead by double digits very early in the second half, though.
- Jeff Driskel will account for at least three touchdowns.
Wrong. Driskel threw a touchdown pass, though!
- Driskel will throw for over 200 yards.
Wrong. Driskel threw for 98 yards.
- Driskel will not commit a turnover.
Right. Driskel didn't even really throw an iffy pass.
- Mike Gillislee will have fewer than 20 carries.
Right. Gillislee had 14 carries for 45 yards.
- Gillislee will have a run of more than 20 yards.
Wrong. Gillislee's long on the day was an 11-yard run.
- Matt Jones will have at least 10 carries.
Wrong. Jones had just one carry.
- Quinton Dunbar will catch a touchdown pass.
Right. Dunbar's game-tying touchdown was fairly important, too.
- Jordan Reed will lead Florida in receptions.
Right. Reed had five catches to lead the Gators.
- Jonathan Bullard and Dante Fowler will combine for at least three TFLs/sacks.
Wrong. Fowler had one TFL, the only one between the two of them.
- Jon Bostic will lead Florida in tackles.
Wrong. Picked the wrong linebacker, as Jelani Jenkins did.
- Matt Elam will make a big play in the first quarter.
Wrong. Elam's biggest play of the first quarter was combining with Jaylen Watkins on a tackle.
- Florida will hold Louisiana-Lafayette under four yards per carry.
Right. The Cajuns had 96 yards on 30 carries, for 3.2 yards per carry.
- A Florida linebacker, not including Lerentee McCray, will force a turnover.
Wrong. Sharrif Floyd forced the only turnover of the day.
- Florida's defensive backs will force a fumble.
- Louisiana-Lafayette quarterback Terrance Broadway will complete fewer than 60 percent of his passes.
Wrong. Broadway actually completed 16 of 23 passes.
- Broadway will throw at least one interception.
Wrong. Florida had a few chances to snag one, though.
- Kyle Christy will have at least two punts of more than 50 yards.
Right. Christy had two punts of more than 50 yards, and one of exactly 50.
- Florida will go for it on fourth down in a situation that would usually prompt a Caleb Sturgis field goal.
Wrong. Sturgis was back and fine.
- Florida will have a positive turnover margin.
Right. Florida finished plus-one in turnover margin.
- Florida will cover the 27-point spread.
Wrong. But Florida did score 27 points!
- Florida will win, 44-7.
Wrong. Not close.
- Attendance will be depressing.
Right! Very right.
This Week: 10-for-25, 40 percent. Season To Date: 115-for-250, 46 percent.