Kim Klement-US PRESSWIRE
Didn't do this earlier this week, so, well, here.
Our 25 predictions for Florida's November cupcake date with the Gamecocks, reviewed.
- Florida will score in the first quarter.
Right. Florida marched the length of the field for its first and only offensive touchdown of the day.
- Florida will score first.
Right. That score made it 7-0.
- Florida will lead by 14 points or more at some point in the first half.
Wrong. Which is sad.
- Jacoby Brissett will throw a touchdown pass.
Wrong. Brissett had a few chances, but didn't connect on those red zone tries.
- Brissett will throw for over 200 yards.
Wrong. Just a tidy 154.
- Mike Gillislee will have more than 100 yards.
Right. Gillislee ran for 127 yards.
- Gillislee will have a run of more than 30 yards.
Right. Gilly's long on the day was a 46-yard scamper.
- Matt Jones will have at least eight carries.
Right. Jones had exactly eight carries, and got an impressive 65 yards on them.
- Jordan Reed will catch a touchdown pass.
Wrong. No one did.
- Michael McNeely will catch at least one pass.
Wrong. McNeely did relentlessly play punt coverage, though.
- Omar Hunter will record a sack.
Wrong. Well, I tried.
- Jon Bostic will lead Florida in tackles.
Wrong. Josh Evans, again.
- Matt Elam will have more than five tackles.
Right. Elam had six tackles on the day.
- Florida's secondary will record at least two turnovers.
Wrong. None for those DBs.
- Lerentee McCray will record a sack.
Wrong. No sacks for the senior last Saturday.
- Florida's defensive backs will force at least one turnover.
Wrong. I guess this sort of duplicates 14? Ah, well.
- I will remember at least one Jacksonville State player's name.
Right. A week later, I remember Washaun Ealey.
- Caleb Sturgis will make a field goal of more than 40 yards.
Right. Sturgis actually made two from that distance.
- Kyle Christy will have at least two punts of more than 50 yards.
Wrong. Christy only had one punt go more than 50 yards in three tries.
- I will not regret wearing jeans for the first time since last winter.
Wrong. I kinda did. But only kinda.
- Florida will have a positive turnover margin.
Right. It was a modest +1, but still.
- Florida will never trail.
Right. Because you can't trail in a shutout.
- Florida will win, 31-3.
Wrong. I wasn't far off.
- Attendance will be depressing.
Right. But only sorta!
- Sharrif Floyd and Matt Elam will be introduced with the seniors.
Wrong. I have no indication whether that happened, but I suspect it didn't because I haven't seen anyone mention that this week.
Last Week: 11-for-25, 44 percent. Season To Date: 126-for-275, 45.8 percent.