Don McPeak-US PRESSWIRE
The time has come to see the future.
Our 25 predictions for Florida's showdown with The School Out West.
- Florida will not score first.
- Florida will be outgained in the first quarter.
- Florida will not trail by 10 points in the game.
- Jeff Driskel will start and not be relieved for injury reasons.
- Driskel will account for at least 175 yards of offense.
- Driskel will have at least one touchdown either through the air or on the ground.
- Mike Gillislee will go over 1,000 rushing yards for the season against Florida State, making him the first Florida running back to eclipse the mark since Ciatrick Fason.
- Gillislee will have a run of more than 20 yards.
- Florida will use its unbalanced line look ("God's play") more than once.
- Florida will complete a pass of more than 30 yards.
- Sharrif Floyd will have at least two combined tackles for loss and sacks.
- Dante Fowler will be involved in at least one shoving match.
- Fowler and Jonathan Bullard will have at least two combined TFLs/sacks.
- Jelani Jenkins will make a big play.
- Jon Bostic will have at least five tackles.
- Loucheiz Purifoy will make a big play on defense.
- Florida's secondary will hold EJ Manuel under 8.5 yards per attempt.
- Matt Elam will make your heart sing.
- Florida's secondary will allow at least one jump ball catch by Kelvin Benjamin.
- Florida will hold FSU under 7.0 yards per play.
- Kyle Christy will drop at least three punts within the FSU 20.
- Caleb Sturgis will make two or more field goals.
- Florida will never lead by more than a touchdown.
- Florida will win, 16-14.
- The ride back to civilization (read: Gainesville) will be sweet indeed.
Last Week: 11-for-25, 44 percent. Season To Date: 126-for-275, 45.8 percent.