Last year, we tried 50 For 50, and got halfway done before things cropped up. This year, Alligator Army is coming back with 100 For 100, with 100 articles in the 100 days leading up to the first Florida Gators football game of the 2012 season, and will run down storylines, profile players, examine history, and make some predictions, possibly all haphazardly. The only thing we can promise is that each day's entry will bring us all one step closer to "Herrrrrrrrre ... come the Gators!"
Florida won its first national championship in the 1996 season. You know that. What you might not know is just how great a Florida fan born in 1996 — call her Allie Gator, and say she was born in March — has had it.
- Allie has seen Florida win three national titles, more than any other team in the country in that span.
- Three of the four times Florida has won the SEC in Allie's lifetime, the Gators have gone on to win the national title.
- Florida has won three of the five national titles won by Floridian teams since 1996.
- In exactly a quarter of the Florida seasons Allie has been alive for, the Gators have lost only one game.
- Florida seems very clutch: The Gators have the best record in BCS games of any team with more than three appearances in BCS bowls, have won all three of their national championship games, and have won three of their four SEC championship games.
- Florida has won 10 games in eight of the 16 seasons Allie has "seen."
- The last two seasons of Florida football, in which the Gators went 15-11, are by far the worst in Allie's memory.
- Florida is 156-50 since Allie was born, for an absurd .757 win percentage.
- Florida has never had a non-winning season in Allie's lifetime; hell, the Gators have never been under .500 during Allie's life.
So Allie Gator's had a pretty sweet life, I guess.