(Screencap via @ParadigmShift35.)
Sunday morning brought Florida's offseason special on Sun Sports, creatively titled Gators Offseason Special. Mick Hubert interviewed Will Muschamp in the stands of The Swamp during spring practice for about 20 minutes of it, interspersed with looks at spring practices on the practice field, then the setting changed to Florida's weight room, where new strength and conditioning coach Jeff Dillman was shown putting his charges through the paces. There was also a minute-long look at the Orange and Blue Debut, in case you really wanted to watch only the highlights of it, and not Ronald Powell's injury.
Fortunately for you, if you missed it at 9:30 a.m. on a Sunday, your friendly neighborhood blogger has all the tweets from it. A recap of them after the jump.
- Sweet and slick intro. Mick Hubert calls 2011 a "most interesting" first year for Muschamp.
- Hey, Centerplate's commercial advertising for non-profits to run the concession stands! Never seen that before.
- Hubert and Muschamp apparently chatted in The Swamp's stands?
- "When you hear 'Here Come the Gators,' there's nothing like it." His wife gave him the idea to run out with kids.
- 7-6 is not "our standards" at UF. "Our standards are winning championships."
- Triumphant return of the "Recruiting's like shaving" quote!
- "We signed 14 players on our line of scrimmage" on offense and defense. But only 13 got in.
- Mick: "What separates the Florida program?" Muschamp: "No. 1, the weather." This was taped this spring, obviously. (And before the torrential rain in the late spring and early summer.)
- Muschamp keeps using that "minor miracle" line about being able to win games despite turnover troubles.
- Muschamp on playing in The Swamp: "I get goosebumps just thinking about it."
- Brief shots of Brent Pease and Tim Davis coaching. Both seem suitably intense for Muschamp's staff.
- Also intense: @Jeff_Dillman and the squat someone did during Muschamp's talking about him.
- Mick jokes that Muschamp's in control on the sidelines. Will: "You're one of the few people who think that!" Laughs.
- Muschamp: "Some of that is for effect." Says his wife Carol "is tired of talking about that."
- Muschamp cites Jordan Reed as a player with a great spring. "Mike Gillislee probably should be our featured back."
- Muschamp also went from saying "I don't like to single anybody out" TO NAMING ABOUT 25 PEOPLE.
- Muschamp: "I love working at the University of Florida. It's a great place to work."
- Muschamp: "I'm not asking anybody to be patient. Just be realistic."
- Oh, man, @Jeff_Dillman's huddle ends with "GET SWOLE ON THREE!"
- Only one Live Life In The Swamp ad in the first 21 minutes.
- This is showing a lot of Pease working with WRs. Florida also employs a WRs coach!
- "Our back is stronger than our chests, men? We're freaks of nature." - Dillman
- Dillman also stores his workout sheets in his waistband. I love that.
- Dillman: "What people don't see is thousands of hours of training in the weight room."
- Did you blink? You missed the 45-second recap of the O&B Debut.
All in all, the #GatorsOffseasonSpecial was a fairly enjoyable bit of fan service. If you missed it, there are more than a few more chances to see or DVR it. Here's the schedule.
- Monday, July 16, 4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 18, 10:30 a.m.
- Thursday, July 19, 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 25, 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday, July 29, 12:00 p.m.
- Thursday, August 2, 10:30 a.m.
- Thursday, August 16, 11:00 a.m.
- Sunday, August 26, 9:30 a.m.