July 18, 2012; Hoover, AL, USA; Florida Gators head coach Will Muschamp speaks during a press conference at the 2012 SEC media days event at the Wynfrey Hotel. Mandatory Credit: Marvin Gentry-US PRESSWIRE
Last year, we tried 50 For 50, and got halfway done before things cropped up. This year, Alligator Army is coming back with 100 For 100, with 100 articles in the 100 days leading up to the first Florida Gators football game of the 2012 season, and will run down storylines, profile players, examine history, and make some predictions, possibly all haphazardly. The only thing we can promise is that each day's entry will bring us all one step closer to "Herrrrrrrrre ... come the Gators!"
The SEC's mutually beneficial relationship with ESPN has worked out so far, and the conference's coaches are going to be very visible this week. That's a great thing for Florida, which has one of the SEC's most personable coaches in Will Muschamp, and his Tuesday trip through ESPN's "car wash" in Bristol is likely to be filled with folksy sayings that endear us to Coach Boom all over again.
Here's Muschamp's schedule of appearances on ESPN's many portals, or whatever the Worldwide Leader is calling them now.
Tuesday, July 24
11 a.m. – College Football Podcast
11:45 a.m. – GameDay Radio
12:05 p.m. - @ESPNCFB Questions
12:25 p.m. – ESPN.com chat
12:50 p.m. – Playbook
1:40 p.m. – SportsCenter (live)
1:50 p.m. – Twitter chat
2:20 p.m. – College Football Live
2:40 p.m. – Recruiting Nation
3 p.m. – SportsCenter Tonight Radio
3:15 p.m. – Scott Van Pelt Radio Show
3:35 p.m. – ESPNU
Fans can submit questions to Muschamp by using the #AskESPN and #ESPNMuschamp hashtags on Twitter. After the jump, five recommended queries.
- You have frequently said that your team playing as well as it did last year was a "minor miracle" given its turnover woes and injury status. What would a "major miracle" be?
- You've been cagey about whether you will start Jacoby Brissett or Jeff Driskel this fall, saying you'll play whomever gives your Gators the best chance of winning. But what will it take for the QB who starts to get pulled from the game?
- Florida has many highly-recruited holdovers from the Urban Meyer era, but that hype hasn't translated to wins. What have you and your coaching staff done to get players to maximize their potential?
- The Jerry Sandusky scandal at Penn State has rocked college athletics. What did your staff do to react to it, and what systems does Florida have in place to prevent a similar situation from unfolding?
- When is the last time you went to your favorite boiled peanut stand?