Last year, we tried 50 For 50, and got halfway done before things cropped up. This year, Alligator Army is coming back with 100 For 100, with 100 articles in the 100 days leading up to the first Florida Gators football game of the 2012 season, and will run down storylines, profile players, examine history, and make some predictions, possibly all haphazardly. The only thing we can promise is that each day's entry will bring us all one step closer to "Herrrrrrrrre ... come the Gators!"
And maybe that you'll get a couple of these a day for the next week or so.
Dante Phillips is officially not going to be a Gator:
DL Dante Phillips informed me his appeal to get accepted in to Florida has been denied. #Gators— Derek Tyson (@DerekTysonESPN) July 9, 2012
Lest you think this is the beginning of the sky falling (or the beginning of the end, or the end of the beginning, or something), here is some of the rest of Florida's defensive line for 2012:
- Sharrif Floyd, Rivals five-star recruit, Bednarik Award watch list
- Dominique Easley, Rivals five-star recruit, overall crazy person
- Ronald Powell, Rivals five-star recruit, currently injured but may be Wolverine
- Omar Hunter, Rivals five-star recruit, possible breakout
- Jonathan Bullard, Rivals five-star recruit, will get in eventually
- Dante Fowler, Jr., Rivals five-star recruit, probably hates Florida State
And then there are Damien Jacobs, Rivals four-star recruit and large human; Earl Okine, still 6'7"; Leon Orr, entertaining Twitter user; Nick Alajajian, converted offensive lineman; and Kedric Johnson, reliable rotation player.
Florida might be just fine without Phillips. Maybe.