There are 19 days until Florida's September 1 opener with Bowling Green. There are 76 entries left in the 100 For 100 series. So it's four entries per day from here on out.
We've managed not to mention the season-ending injury to Nick Alajajian and the knee injury to Kedric Johnson that Will Muschamp mentioned on Friday, but while neither is a really good thing for a defensive line that is already dealing with some injury issues, I don't think either is anywhere near a death blow.
I wrote about this in July, after Florida refused to admit recruit Dante Phillips:
Lest you think this is the beginning of the sky falling (or the beginning of the end, or the end of the beginning, or something), here is some of the rest of Florida's defensive line for 2012:
- Sharrif Floyd, Rivals five-star recruit, Bednarik Award watch list
- Dominique Easley, Rivals five-star recruit, overall crazy person
- Ronald Powell, Rivals five-star recruit, currently injured but may be Wolverine
- Omar Hunter, Rivals five-star recruit, possible breakout
- Jonathan Bullard, Rivals five-star recruit, will get in eventually
- Dante Fowler, Jr., Rivals five-star recruit, probably hates Florida State
I mentioned Alajajian and Johnson, but both came at the end of my listing of Florida's linemen, and for good reason: They are reserves who were most likely to spell starters, not situational pass-rushers or run-stoppers. Now Alajajian can't do that, leading to more reps for better players, and Johnson's got to work back from injury. These injuries affect maybe 20-30 snaps per game. They are not very important. Maybe don't worry about them?