|QB||Jeff Driskel||OR Jacoby Brissett|
|RB||Mike Gillislee||Mack Brown|
|FB||Hunter Joyer||Trey Burton|
|WR – X||Frankie Hammond, Jr.||Latroy Pittman||OR Andre Debose|
|WR – Z||Quinton Dunbar||Solomon Patton|
|TE||Jordan Reed||Clay Burton|
|F-Back||Trey Burton||Omarius Hines|
|LT||Xavier Nixon||Kyle Koehne|
|LG||James Wilson||Ian Silberman|
|C||Jonotthan Harrison||Sam Robey|
|RG||Jon Halapio||Jessamen Dunker|
|RT||Chaz Green||Trip Thurman|
|DE||Dominique Easley||Earl Okine|
|NT (5T)||Omar Hunter||Leon Orr|
|DT (3T)||Sharrif Floyd||Damien Jacobs|
|Buck||Lerentee McCray||Dante Fowler|
|Sam||Darrin Kitchens||Neiron Ball|
|Mike||Jonathan Bostic||Michael Taylor|
|Will||Jelani Jenkins||Antonio Morrison|
|CB||Jaylen Watkins||OR Loucheiz Purifoy|
|FS||Josh Evans||Jabari Gorman|
|SS||Matt Elam||Valdez Showers|
|RCB||Marcus Roberson||OR Cody Riggs|
|Nickel||Matt Elam||Jaylen Watkins|
|Dime||Matt Elam||Brian Poole|
|K||Caleb Sturgis||Brad Phillips|
|P||Kyle Christy||Todd Fennell|
|KR||Andre Debose||Solomon Patton|
|PR||Marcus Roberson||Andre Debose|
|LS||Drew Ferris||Kyle Crofoot|
|H||John Crofoot||Tyler Murphy|
More notes after the jump as I get a chance to add them.
- Called that Driskel OR Brissett thing, huh? There's probably nothing to it, really, but the spring depth chart did list "Brissett OR Driskel," so if you want to read a fractional edge for Driskel into that, you're welcome to do so with a grain of evidence.
- Matt Jones isn't listed here. I still think he'll get carries against Bowling Green but it's a little disappointing that he didn't push Mack Brown enough to jump onto this list.
- The one thing that jumps out to the average observer has to be Andre Debose only meriting an OR spot at the Z position. He was listed as the starter at the X heading into the spring. Did Debose regress? Did he get passed as he failed to improve? Is this a bit of motivation for seemingly the only wide receiver on the roster with NFL-caliber talents? I'd go with the third explanation above all others, but it's probably a mix of them.
- Latroy Pittman's rise, on the other hand, is cool. I expect him to do something against Bowling Green to make us take notice.
- Pittman and Jessamen Dunker are the only two true freshmen on the two-deep on offense. Add redshirt freshman Trip Thurman, a surprising entrant at the backup LT spot, and there are only three freshmen on the offensive two-deep.
- Thurman's only there because of Matt Patchan's injury, though. Patchan definitely has the talent to be better than Kyle Koehne or Thurman when healthy.
- And so does another player conspicuous by his absence on the two-deep: D.J. Humphries. But he's hurt, so that makes sense.
- Omarius Hines not even being able to get an OR spot when competing with Trey Burton for a made-up hybrid position is the story of Hines' life at Florida.
- The defensive front is really good. Easley, Floyd, Hunter, and McCray across the line is fearsome, and Ronald Powell coming back at some point is only going to make the Buck role scarier. I also think Dante Fowler is really not far behind McCray at all, and would love to see McCray move back to the Sam spot when Powell gets healthy.
- Kitchens and Ball were a toss-up for me, and I had Ball listed as a starter in my projection. I think Ball's going to be the guy at some point in this season, but there's just not a ton of difference between the two at this point.
- Morrison being this good as a freshman is a really good thing. We're going to look back at him as one of the hidden gems of the 2012 recruiting class, and it may not be that long before we do.
- The OR game being played at corner is a bunch of poppycock. I bet Florida comes out in nickel and has Roberson, Purifoy, and Riggs on the field for the first play on defense on Saturday.
- Conspicuous by his absence on defense: De'Ante Saunders. Seriously, there are 12 listed first- or second-string positions on defense and Pop doesn't hold one? (Muschamp explained some of this in a presser later on Monday; Saunders "has a hamstring.")
- Mike Gillislee not being listed at a returner position: Whew. I really like Patton as a returner, especially on kickoffs.
- I listed Tyler Murphy at second-string holder partially as a joke. I guess I was right, though!
- Numbers by class on the offensive/defensive two-deep, redshirts combined with trues: 11 seniors, 19 juniors, 14 sophomores, seven freshmen.
- Projected starters by class, including three positions with multiple starters listed: Eight seniors, 10 juniors, seven sophomores, zero freshmen.
What else do you see? Are you concerned about any particular position? Do you think the ordering in the OR pairs is a clue?