Kevin Liles-US PRESSWIRE
I finally got some things right while forecasting a Florida game!
Our 25 predictions for Florida's showdown with The School Out West, reviewed.
- Florida will not score first.
Wrong. Florida actually got out to a 13-0 lead.
- Florida will be outgained in the first quarter.
Wrong. 116-44 in the Gators' favor.
- Florida will not trail by 10 points in the game.
Right. Florida State's largest lead was seven points.
- Jeff Driskel will start and not be relieved for injury reasons.
Right. And he played one hell of a game.
- Driskel will account for at least 175 yards of offense.
Right. Before sacks, Driskel accounted for 186 yards, 147 through the air and 39 on the ground.
- Driskel will have at least one touchdown either through the air or on the ground.
Right. Driskel threw a touchdown pass to Quinton Dunbar.
- Mike Gillislee will go over 1,000 rushing yards for the season against Florida State, making him the first Florida running back to eclipse the mark since Ciatrick Fason.
Right. And he went well over it.
- Gillislee will have a run of more than 20 yards.
Right. Gilly's long run on the day covered 37 yards and gave Florida the lead for good.
- Florida will use its unbalanced line look ("God's play") more than once.
Right. I remember five or six plays with that look.
- Florida will complete a pass of more than 30 yards.
Wrong. Florida's long pass was a 21-yarder.
- Sharrif Floyd will have at least two combined tackles for loss and sacks.
Wrong. Floyd had one tackle for loss. It cost FSU 16 yards. Heh.
- Dante Fowler will be involved in at least one shoving match.
Wrong. The former FSU commit just did his flexing with his solid system play.
- Fowler and Jonathan Bullard will have at least two combined TFLs/sacks.
Wrong. Both players failed to record a TFL.
- Jelani Jenkins will make a big play.
Right. Jenkins snagged an interception ... thrown right to him.
- Jon Bostic will have at least five tackles.
Wrong. Bostic had four tackles.
- Loucheiz Purifoy will make a big play on defense.
Right. Purifoy forced a fumble that Florida did not recover.
- Florida's secondary will hold EJ Manuel under 8.5 yards per attempt.
Right. Manuel managed a middling 5.5 yards per attempt.
- Matt Elam will make your heart sing.
Right. Leading Florida in tackles with seven and a pick, too? Yep.
- Florida's secondary will allow at least one jump ball catch by Kelvin Benjamin.
Wrong. Benjamin was targeted five times and had no catches.
- Florida will hold FSU under 7.0 yards per play.
Right. FSU gained 5.1 yards per play, its second-lowest mark of the season.
- Kyle Christy will drop at least three punts within the FSU 20.
Wrong. Christy only did that once.
- Caleb Sturgis will make two or more field goals.
Right. Sturgis made three field goals in his final regular season game.
- Florida will never lead by more than a touchdown.
- Florida will win, 16-14.
Wrong. It wasn't that close.
- The ride back to civilization (read: Gainesville) will be sweet indeed.
Right. Much Nelly was played.
"Last" Week: 14-for-25, 56 percent. Season To Date: 140-for-300, 46.7 percent.