Chuck Cook-USA TODAY Sports
I'm really only posting this for accountability's sake.
Reviewing our 25 predictions for Florida's BCS return, pretty much none of which were right.
- Florida will score first.
Wrong. Florida's offense did kinda score first, though.
- Florida will lead by double digits in the first half.
Wrong. If only I had written "trail by double digits in the first quarter."
- Florida will never trail by more than a field goal.
- Jeff Driskel will throw for more than 200 yards.
Wrong. He wasn't that far off at 175.
- Driskel will have a run of at least 20 yards.
Wrong. Driskel had a 10-yard run.
Mike Gillislee will run for over 120 yards.
Wrong. Gillislee finished his final game as a Gator with 49 yards.
- Gillislee will average more than five yards per carry.
Right. Thank goodness he got those yards on nine carries, though.
Jordan Reed will catch a touchdown pass.
Wrong. Reed did have his hands on a potential TD, but it was broken up/dropped.
- Florida's wide receivers will combine for more than eight catches.
Right. Quinton Dunbar's five plus Frankie Hammond's two plus Trey Burton's one plus Andre Debose's one is nine.
- Andre Debose will have none of those catches.
Wrong. Debose had one catch. Had he had two, and one on the first play of the game, things might have been much, much different.
- Florida will use its unbalanced line look ("God's play") to score a touchdown and/or convert a third down.
Wrong. Florida only converted three third downs on the night, two with passes and one on an Omarius Hines reverse sweep that wasn't run with an unbalanced line.
Matt Elam will make one big play in at least two separate quarters.
Right. I'll give Elam credit for this without going back and watching, because he was everywhere.
- Dante Fowler will have a sack.
Wrong. He had 1.5 TFLs, though.
- Josh Evans will lead Florida in tackles.
Wrong. Evans had four tackles; Elam had nine.
Teddy Bridgewater will throw more interceptions than touchdown passes.
Wrong. 2 > 1.
- Louisville will commit at least three turnovers.
Wrong. I ... well, anyway.
- Loucheiz Purifoy will make a big play on special teams.
Wrong. Purifoy got hurt on a kick return, though!
- Florida's defense will allow fewer than 5.0 yards per play.
Right. Florida's defense allowed 4.9412 yards per play. Louisville gaining literally one more yard would have made this prediction wrong.
- Florida's special teams will not allow a punt return of more than 10 yards.
Right. Two returns, neither more than five yards.
- Kyle Christy will launch at least two punts of 50 or more yards.
Wrong. Christy didn't have one 50-yarder.
- Caleb Sturgis will make two or more field goals.
Wrong. Sturgis made one field goal early, then wasn't really a part of Florida's game plan.
- Florida will never be threatened in the second half.
Wrong. Technically right, because Florida wasn't ever in a position to be threatened in the second half. But.
- Florida will win, 41-14.
Wrong. Very wrong.
- We gon' drank tonight.
Wrong. Neither I nor anyone else in my traveling party drank after that game.
- Florida will be ranked No. 1 in an ESPN analyst's preseason rankings for 2013 next week.
Wrong. I'm not seeing this happening, no.
Sugar Bowl: 5-for-25, 20 percent.
Season Total: 145-for-325, 44.6 percent.