Chomping at Bits comes stocked with the best Florida Gators links and news we can find. Got a link we should check out? Email us at AlligatorArmy@gmail.com, subject line CAB, or find us on Twitter at @AlligatorArmy or on Facebook at Facebook.com/AlligatorArmy.
Florida football links
LSU flips the script: Controlling the line of scrimmage will win you a lot of games. (Chris Harry, GatorZone)
Plenty left to play for: Florida could still win out and go to Atlanta. (Scott Carter, GatorZone)
Frankie Velez wins job at placekicker: Good for him. He was no-stress on Saturday. (Scott Carter, GatorZone)
Punched in the mouth: That feels rather fair. (Gator Country)
Florida's 10 best players: With Vernon Hargreaves III at No. 1. (Thomas Goldkamp, 247Sports)
Florida basketball links
Florida opens practice: Making "connectivity" a theme of this team and explaining it as a response to Florida's late-game issues in 2012-13 feels kind of like a subliminal shot — this is what we used to call subtweets — at Kenny Boynton. (Chris Harry, Harry Fodder | GatorZone)
Florida offering $200 ticket package to recent grads: And it includes Kansas, Kentucky, Florida State, and seven other games. I'm in. (Chris Harry, GatorZone)
Caption: "Carrying this name and trying to make my family proud... #Yeguete #MaFamille"
Kasey to Doe-Doe to Casey.
Other Florida sports
Florida volleyball keeps rolling: More to come on this today! (GatorZone)
Florida women's tennis dominates Bedford Cup: But we kinda knew it was going to. (GatorZone)
Caption: "Photo Bombed by boss lady @coachbutleruf on Media Day, we still were cute thoouuggh lol"
Alligator Army links
- Florida's Poll Position: Gators at No. 22 in Week 8 USA TODAY Poll, AP Top 25
- Florida vs. LSU, Theater of Operations: Gators defense suffers letdown in loss to LSU
- Florida vs. LSU, Rapid Recap: Gators stumble to a Death Valley defeat
- LSU 17, Florida 6: Tigers brown out Gators' offense in Baton Rouge
- The 16 problems with Jon Wilner's Week 8 AP Top 25 ballot
College football links
Bowl projections, Week 8: I would take the Outback Bowl. I wouldn't go, though. (Jason Kirk, SB Nation)
Georgia is in trouble deep: Beat-up and defenseless, the Dawgs suddenly don't control much of anything. (Seth Emerson, The (Macon) Telegraph)
Louisville faced with possibility of empty undefeated season: This is why I'll never complain about being in the SEC. (CardsFan922, Card Chronicle)
- "I've been waiting four years." — Frankie Velez, on his Florida career.
- "We have all our East opponents in front of us. I know we're capable of beating all of them. That's what we have to do." — Michael Taylor, on Florida's new task.
- "That was very frustrating. Third down is our money down." — Cody Riggs, on LSU's third and 17 conversion, and the Gators' third down performance.
- "We tried to nickel and dime them." — Tyler Murphy on Florida's offensive approach.
- "They kind of beat us at our own game." — Damien Jacobs, on LSU's dominance.
- "These are all self-inflicted wounds. We have to find our mistakes and figure out how to correct them. We have all the tools, all the components, to have a dominant team." — Jonotthan Harrison
- "I never thought of myself as the miracle guy." — Murphy
Gators Moments of Zen
Caption: "Out here in Ocala stopping by the Fun Center jacking these tickets real quick! #squadddd."
Addicted to the show "orange is the new black"— Jonathan Bullard (@JBullard90) October 13, 2013
Let it be known, cockroaches, that you are no match for the chemicals found in a females bathroom.— Haley Violetta (@haleyvioletta) October 13, 2013
Are you worried or excited about the challenge in front of Florida? What's your takeaway from Florida's loss to LSU? Do you want to see lots and lots of Florida basketball alley-oops this year? Do you like this new Chomping at Bits format? The comments are yours.