Our 25 predictions for Florida's game against Georgia in
a hospital Jacksonville.
- Florida will score. At some point.
- Florida will punt in the first quarter.
Right. It helped that the first quarter took like an hour.
- Florida will allow three or more sacks.
Right. Allowed four on the day.
- Tyler Murphy will throw for more than 150 yards.
Right. Murphy threw for 179 yards, nearly half of them on one play.
- Kelvin Taylor will have at least one rush of more than 25 yards.
Wrong. Taylor's long run of the day covered 10 yards.
- Taylor will average more than four yards per carry.
Wrong. Taylor actually managed just 3.8 yards per carry.
- Another Florida player will have a rush of more than 20 yards.
Right. Tyler Murphy's 25-yard scramble in the fourth quarter ensured that.
- Quinton Dunbar will finally make a touchdown catch.
Wrong. I give up.
- Florida will complete a pass to a tight end.
Right. Technically, Clay Burton's two-point conversion catch doesn't go down as a reception, thanks to how two-point conversions are scored, but this totally counts.
- Florida's leading receiver will not be Solomon Patton.
Right. It was Dunbar, though Patton was second.
- Florida's defense will allow fewer than five yards per play.
Wrong. How about 6.8?
- Dante Fowler, Jr. will record a sack.
Wrong. Fowler recorded six tackles, but none for loss, and no sacks.
- Florida's defensive line will make a big play in the first half.
- A defensive back will lead Florida in tackles.
Right. It was Vernon Hargreaves III, of all players.
- Michael Taylor will make at least two big plays.
Wrong. Being scoreboarded by Aaron Murray doesn't count.
- Florida will have at least one interception of Aaron Murray.
Wrong. Murray actually played his best game against Florida.
- Murray will not break Danny Wuerffel's SEC record for career touchdown passes.
Right. Just one on the day leaves Murray just shy of Danny Wonderful.
- Todd Gurley will average better than five yards per carry.
Right. Oh, man, was I right about this. (He averaged 5.9.)
- Johnny Townsend will have a 50-yard punt.
Wrong. Townsend boomed a 43-yarder at one point.
- Francisco Velez will miss his first field goal of the year.
Right. Don't like that I was right on this, but I was.
- Florida will make a big play on special teams.
Right. The 41-yard kick return by Patton counts.
- Florida will trail by double digits at some point.
- Florida will lead for less than 15 minutes of game time.
- Georgia will win.
- But I'll still be proud of how Florida played.
Right. Whew. Again.
Last Game: 16 of 25 right, 64 percent. Season To Date: 102 of 200 right, 51 percent.