I wouldn't put a ton of stock into this, as it's more of a formality to release the depth chart before summer practices, but cool/interesting to see how things panned out after Spring:
- OFFENSE -
RB - Matt Jones > Mack Brown
WR1 - Quinton Dunbar > Demarcus Robinson
F Option - Clay Burton > Latroy Pittman
LT - DJ Humphries > Trenton Brown
LG - Max Garcia > Ian Silberman
RT - Tyler Moore OR Chaz Greene
- DEFENSE -
MLB - Antonio Morrison > Michael Taylor
WLB - Darrin Kitchens OR Michael Taylor
BUCK - Dante Fowler Jr. > Ronald Powell
RCB - Louchiez Purifoy > Cody Riggs
Nickel - Cody Riggs OR Brian Poole
S - Jaylen Watkins > Valdez Showers
S - Marcus Maye OR Jabari Gorman
- SPECIAL TEAMS -
K - Brad Phillips > Austin Hardin
P - Kyle Christy
KR - Andre Debose OR Louchiez Purifoy OR Solomon Pittman
PR - Marcus Roberson > Trey Burton
Some interesting things to note/opinions:
- Murphy slides in as Driskel's backup (hopefully never seeing playtime) and Mack Brown beat out freshman Kelvin Taylor, which makes sense but I think Taylor will still get some snaps here and there.
- WR's are still a toss up at this point, regardless of what the depth chart says. I like that Robinson cracked the front two for the WR1 spot, and I truly believe he'll be the starter by early-mid season.
- Offensive line looks solid this year, and hopefully guys can stay healthy. I think Green will out battle Moore for the starting RT spot.
- Powell moves over to the SLB spot, looking to make a strong comeback this year. I think he and Fowler Jr. will be battling all year for that BUCK position.
- Purifoy is back at the CB positon... I'm confident it won't be the last time we see him line up on the offensive side of the ball.
- I think Maye will end up beating out Gorman by the start of the season for the open S slot.
- Phillips looks to be go-ahead starter for kicker... I miss Sturgis already...
- I could definitely see Hargreaves III pushing some guys for that starting CB spot. Roberson and Purifoy look locked in, but Vernon will get some snaps, possibly at Nickel here and there.