Florida will be back in Gainesville on Saturday to take on Arkansas, but the Gators will still find themselves somewhere they haven't been in more than a year: Under the lights for a game in The Swamp.
Thanks to CBS exercising its right to choose its 3:30 p.m. game for this week's SEC action within a seven-day window and picking Georgia's trip to Tennessee for its afternoon showcase, Florida's October 5 game against Arkansas is set for a 7:00 p.m. kickoff on ESPN2, making this the Gators' first night game since 2011.
That last night game didn't exactly go very well for the Gators: Florida finished its 2011 season at home and under the lights against Florida State, and fell, 21-7, to the Seminoles, on ESPN2. It was one of two big-time home night games that ended in losses for Florida in 2011, as Florida lost to Alabama, 38-10, in an October game that was televised by CBS and began at 8 p.m.
Florida also began its 2011 schedule with consecutive night games against Florida Atlantic and UAB, however, and won both of those games by a combined 80-3 score.
Those four games are the only four home night games of Will Muschamp's tenure, as Florida spent its 2012 season playing noon and 3:30 games at home and night games on the road. Florida is 6-4 in games starting at or after 7 p.m. under Muschamp.
More from Alligator Army:
- Florida vs. Kentucky, Theater of Operations: The defense shines against the Wildcats
- Chomping at Bits: Matt Jones knows who he is now
- Florida's Poll Position: Gators up one spot in Week 6 USA TODAY poll, AP Top 25 Poll
- Florida vs. Kentucky, Rapid Recap: New Gators, same dominance
- Florida vs. Kentucky, Theater of Operations: Checking out Matt Jones' breakout performance