The SEC released its rotating non-division games — the last "1" in the SEC's 6-1-1 scheduling model — for the 2014 through 2025 seasons on Monday. And so we now know Florida's tentative SEC schedule for the next 12 seasons.
|2015||Ole Miss||Gainesville, FL|
|2017||Texas A&M||Gainesville, FL|
|2018||Mississippi State||Starkville, MS|
|2020||Ole Miss||Oxford, MS|
|2022||Texas A&M||College Station, TX|
|2025||Mississippi State||Gainesville, FL|
We obviously knew Florida was playing at Alabama in 2014, but the rest of this information is brand new.
- Texas A&M will make its first trip to Gainesville as a member of the SEC in 2017.
- Ole Miss makes its first trip to Gainesville in seven years in 2015 ... and the Rebels haven't lost in Gainesville since 1995.
- Florida will play Texas A&M three times in 11 seasons. I imagine that will be slightly more than any other East team.
- Florida's next trip to Auburn will come 13 years after its most recent one, in 2011.
- Mississippi State will go 15 years between trips to Gainesville, having last come to town in 2010.
- Florida's going to have played Arkansas three times in eight years as of 2016.
Other than that, I just know I'm circling that 2020 game at Ole Miss. In theory, going to The Grove at 30 won't be that depressing, right?