Florida will open its 2014 fall practices on Friday, August 4, and will also open eight fall practices to the public, though one will only be open to season ticket-holders.
Will Muschamp told reporters at SEC Media Days that the Gators would report on August 3, and begin practice on August 4, while a GatorZone release details the practice dates and locations. The first seven of the eight open practices will take place at Donald R. Dizney Stadium, Florida's lacrosse facility, while the eighth will take place on August 16 in The Swamp to coincide with Fan Day festivities.
The practice only open to season ticket-holders will be held on August 9.
Here's the schedule of open practices:
- Thursday, Aug. 7 (Dizney Lacrosse Stadium)
- Friday, Aug. 8 (Dizney Lacrosse Stadium)
- Saturday, Aug. 9 (Dizney Lacrosse Stadium, morning only)**
- Monday, Aug. 11 (Dizney Lacrosse Stadium, morning only)
- Tuesday, Aug. 12 (Dizney Lacrosse Stadium)
- Wednesday, Aug. 13 (Dizney Lacrosse Stadium, morning only)
- Thursday, Aug. 14 (Dizney Lacrosse Stadium)
- Saturday, Aug. 16 (Ben Hill Griffin Stadium)
It's a fairly good bet that at least one of the three Dizney-based practices that will be open to the public will be a night practice, but it looks like we'll be sweating with the Gators during the day for much of the month of August.