What a delightful game our Florida Gators played last night. It was a little sloppy at times with four turnovers, but the defense held heralded UCF running back smith to 22 yeards of rushing. If it had not been for a play called back, our new favorite offensive firepower Percy Harvin would have had monster mumbers.
Photo of Harvin displaying jets from Miami Herald
We had a glimpse of Leak and his improved play. He made some good reads, ran for some good yards, even protcted the ball well when recieving a bad snap. Tebow showed what an added dimension he could provide to this team this year and many years to come. Our entire revieving core got into the mix. From Dallas Baker, our touchdown maker to Andre Caldwell, Jamelle Cornelius, and many others this was a game to store away of what this team is capable of.
- NCAA Game Box Summary
- Game Photos - Sentinel, GatorZone
- Andy Staples: "Even as the seventh-ranked Gators thrashed Central Florida, 42-0, in front of 90,210 at Florida Field, they practiced the little things that could help them win a week later at Tennessee. They used silent snap counts because they'll need them at 108,000-seat Neyland Stadium. They ran a two-minute offense with 30 minutes remaining, just because they might need it next week."
- David Jones:"It was as impressive as the Florida offense has looked in Meyer's 14 games as head coach -- by far. The Gators rolled up 637 yards total offense (8.6 yards per play) while UCF was held to 153 (2.6 per play)."
- David Jones:"One of the reasons for Leak's improved play is more talent around him. Eleven different players caught passes. Five had three catches or more.It's also becoming more and more obvious Leak is finally starting to feel he has the Meyer offense down solid.'That's Chris Leak's offense now,' Meyer said."
- Louis Anastasis:"With its five starters on the field for the first time all season, Florida's line suffocated and frustrated Central Florida, pitching the school's first goose egg since a 52-0 Mississippi State shutout in 2001."
NCAA Championship Basketball Rings Presented:"A video montage commemorating Florida's title run was displayed on the Swamp's video screens. Former Gators' standouts Mike Miller and David Lee watched on as the returning players and coaches were rewarded with gold rings that are encrusted with jewels and a blue and orange basketball hoop. One side of the ring features the team's 33-6 2005-06 record while the other displays the player's jersey number."
UCF's chance at a score:"Mixing the legs of running back Kevin Smith with the arm of quarterback Steven Moffett, the Golden Knights moved the ball from the 5-yard line into UF territory. The drive had the Gators off-balance. But a third-and-13 came up one yard short, bringing UCF to the fateful fourth-and-1. Then disaster. Delay of game. What if?"