Just a quick glance at Gator news from around the web:
- First off, to toot my horn a little bit, I did a very quick scouting report on projected first round draft pick Jarvis Moss which has been posted on both Niners Nation and Mile High Report. The Broncos and Niners are both teams who have Moss as a projected pick in mock drafts around the web. I'd suggest you'd go over to those sites to check it out and chime in with some opinions of your own if you have them.
- Orson has a Youtube video posted of Joakim Noah and his dance heard (seen) 'round the Gator Nation from Sunday's SEC championship celebration. I must admit this was a little wacky, an overall description that somehow seems to just fit Mr. Noah so well.
- The Gators will get the late game of the evening session on Friday to open up the NCAA tournament midwest bracket. Arizona and Purdue will play at 7:20 pm followed by the Gators matchup with Jackson State in first round action. The game will be played at the New Orleans Arena.
- GatorCountry.com, the (second) best Gators' news site (behind SwampBall) on the web, got a new format to its forums. These changes, unfortunately, were mandatory for sites on the Scout.com network and have not been taken to kindly by many of the users over there.
- Our gymnastics squad continues to impress this season. After defeating NC State in their last home meet two Fridays ago, they have won two meets on a recent road trip out West. On Friday the Gators defeated the Utah Utes 197.05 to 196.725, followed by a victory over Boise State on Sunday, 197.25 to 191.725.
- On the other hand, our baseball team was swept by Texas A&M over the weekend in their first road series on the season. The Aggies defeated the Gators by a combined score of 26-7 (Boxscores: Game one, Game two, Game three) in the three games, which put Florida's current losing streak at four. This wasn't exactly the way they wanted to perform away from Gainesville, but even though TAMU is a solid squad I think we all would have wanted to see a better performance from this team.