My SEC Power Poll ballot. Final results at Team Speed Kills on Wednesday.
The march to Atlanta begins with the two clear contenders for the SEC Championship. Every SEC team has a fatal flaw, except the Gators and Tide. If you want to complain, it is that Bama and Florida could not finish drives in their recent impressive road wins. UF had a turnover and interception inside the 20 and Bama was forced to five field goals. But both wins were dominant defensive games and defense wins championships.
3. LSU: If they had a quarterback, they would be a title contender instead of a year away.
There is a huge drop in quality between the top three and the rest. From 4 to 8, you could put the names in a hat and still have a defensible ballot.
4. South Carolina: Goes here because they have not played an awful game yet. Their only loss could have been prevented and they can win ugly.
5. Tennessee: Maybe?
6. Auburn: I guess.
7. Arkansas: Arky is Ryan Mallett and a bunch of dudes who are not very good. But Mallett has enough Snead and Cox in him to scare UF.
8. Georgia: Gave up four TDs to Crompton. Sweet Jesus. UF will put up 70 on them.
9. Ole Miss: Jevon Snead will make a hell of a UFL quarterback.
10. Mississippi State: If they protected the ball, the Bulldogs would have defeated Houston.
11. Kentucky: They played South Carolina hard, but they have no hope of making any real noise.
12. Vanderbilt: Isn't losing to Army like donating to the USO? In that case, we should applaud Vandy for contributing towards the happiness of our troops.