Our SEC Power Poll ballot. Final results at Team Speed Kills.
1. Alabama: Like the Gators, Alabama gets everyone's best shot. The difference is that Bama knocks out their opponent and UF goes 12 rounds and leaves in the judges' hands.
2. Florida: Like 2006, it is the defense that gives the Gators a chance to win.
3. LSU: Why is LSU so much better than in 2008? Their defense is only allowing 14 points per game; a 10 point improvement over last season.
4. Mississippi: When he gets the carries, Dexter McCluster is a monster. In his first five games, he had 38 carries for 173 yards. In his last three games, McCluster has 69 carries for 602 yards.
5. Georgia: With a win against Kentucky and in their bowl game, UGA will finish 8-5. It's a down year, but it could have been far worse.
6. South Carolina: They have lost 4 of 5 games, but three of those were road losses. They get Clemson next week at home in a very winnable game.
7. Auburn: I'm glad that the Auburn segment last week on "Outside The Lines" profiled people who tattled on rule breakers at Jordan-Hare Stadium. Now we know who are the least fun fans in the SEC.
8. Arkansas: Ryan Mallett is third nationally in passer rating with an average of 10 yards per completion and completing 60% of his throws. Maybe Arkansas will have to worry about him leaving early next season?
9. Mississippi State: Their last two games at Arkansas and home to Ole Miss can have a huge impact on the off season. If they split, especially with a win over Ole Miss, Dan Mullen Year One has to be a huge success.
10. Tennessee: Nu'Keese Richardson should get a second chance some place. 18 year olds can be stupid, but stupid can be fixed.
12. Vanderbilt: Only Tennessee stands between Vandy and 0-8 in the SEC.