- How do you know you are rolling hard during a Championship Mode weekend? Stay at the bar until last call and still wake up before the 7am alarm. I'm sure Urban would be proud.
- The Miami Herald gets it right when they call today's game against South Carolina a second chance for Florida to win the division. One month ago, we were talking people off the ledge. Now, we're as happy as a 21-year old walking into Grog House for the first time.
- The Gainesville Sun notes that both the Gators and Gamecocks have had split personalities this season. You never know which team will show up. Pat Dooley writes that this game is bigger for Spurrier than Meyer.
- The Charleston Post-Courier brings up something which did not cross my mind, but is very much relevant; the Cocks could be feeling the pressure tonight. Florida not only has the home field advantage, but the huge experience advantage. Meanwhile, SC is trying to shake off the criticism that they annually collapse at the end of the season. The Cocks will also be playing without starting left tackle Jarriel King, who was left home with a concussion.
- Florida soccer locked up Mercer, winning 3-0 and advancing to the second round of the NCAA Tournament. They play Duke on Sunday at 1pm in Gainesville.
- Gator basketball opened the season with a 77-60 win over UNC-Wilmington. Florida forced 20 turnovers and dominated the offensive glass, but allowed the Seahawks to shoot 48 percent from the field. Our future star Patric Young played 12 minutes, got three fouls, two points, two turnovers and one rebound. Uggggggly. Chandler Parsons led the way with 16 points, five rebounds, but was even on assist/turnovers (four each).