- It is very hard to come away from Florida's 48-10 win over Appalachian State with any sense of what exactly the Gators will bring next week at Tallahassee. But at least, UF can feel good about themselves for a day.
- The paid attendance was still around 90,000, but this story and hearing from people in Gainesville, the town and stadium was not up to our usual standards. Blame the loss to South Carolina, but also playing a FCS team. If UF is going to play a FCS team, schedule FAMU or Bethune in order to draw more fans.
- Palm Beach Post writer Jason Lieser continues carrying the ball for benching John Brantley for Jordan Reed, or at least Reed being the long-term quarterback. He writes about Brantley again being average, but seems to be giving too much credit to Reed for playing well against Vandy and App. State. For 2011 at least, there will be a quarterback competition between Brantley, Reed and incoming QB Jeff Driskel.
- Meanwhile, FSU put away Maryland with a late pick six to defeat the Terps, 30-16. Maryland was driving with a chance to tie the score when the interception sealed the game. The Noles allowed 432 yards of offense, but forced four turnovers.
- Gators basketball plays Morehead State at 3pm. Florida should win and won't be challenged again until next Sunday at FSU.