Our SEC Basketball Power Poll. Final results at Garnet and Black Attack.
1. Kentucky: John Wall is apparently unhappy. Selective editing makes it seem like Wall is being immature. But if you follow all of Wall's statements last week, it's a kid trying to deal with the pressures of winning.
2. Tennessee: This team just won't die. They were a bank jump shot away from losing to Florida, but don't forget their rally late in the first half that gave them second half momentum and the win.
3. Vanderbilt: Vandy is 8th nationally in FG percentage (49.7) and 25th in scoring (79.1ppg). Led by the three-headed scoring of Jermaine Beal (14ppg), Jeffery Taylor (13.9ppg) and A.J. Ogilvy (13.8ppg), they are looking good with only four road games remaining.
4. South Carolina: They almost gave away all their goodwill when they defeated Georgia by 1 after defeating UK. Devan Downey is averaging 22.9ppg, 4th in the nation.
5. Mississippi: Knocked backwards because of their loss to Arkansas. Tonight's game at UK will be a good assessment of how good they really are.
6. Florida: Chandler Parsons has proven that he is the best player on the Gators. And if Alex Tyus had made his jumper to beat Tennessee, UF would have been a half game back of 1st with UT in a world of hurt.
7. Mississippi State: Road trips to Vandy and Florida this week could sink the Bulldogs. They lost their first two SEC road games at Alabama and Arkansas.
8. Arkansas: They impressively dusted themselves after getting destroyed at UK by defeating Miss State and Ole Miss.
9. Alabama: The Tide play great defense, allowing 62.2ppg, which is 48th nationally. The problem is that they only score 68ppg.
10. Georgia: The Dogs were one shot away from defeating Miss State and South Carolina, played with UK and Ole Miss for about 30 minutes, and defeated UT. They have the heart, but not the talent.
11. Auburn: Defeating Alabama was nice, but they will need to win more games if they want to fill their pretty new building next season.
12. LSU: It is a shame that Tasmin Mitchell (17.9ppg) has to spend his final season on such an awful team (dead ass last in the SEC for scoring).