These notes I took during Florida's 38-10 loss to Alabama have no unifying theme and I can't really extrapolate them right now. So here's Notes From the Swamp, a figurative notebook dump I'll write when I actually attend a game, which is adapted from the notes I tapped into my phone.
- One CBS-pandering sign that was clearly from a parallel universe:
Cut Brady QuinnBonus points for putting it right next to the "Work 'em silly" sign.
Bench Kyle Orton
Start Tim Tebow
- The sign that made no sense whatsoever: "There's no Tide when it's Rainey." Rain and tides have nothing to do with each other.
- There were multiple "Tonight's forecast: Rainey" signs. They're not creative.
- Alabama running back Eddie Lacy came into the game a bit nicked up, but I didn't notice any braces on him.
- Even before the game started, the stadium felt electric. I wrote "The Swamp feels like The Swamp" before kickoff, and it got even better, especially early on.
- Andre Debose's touchdown was the single most "I can't believe that just happened" play I've seen in person. My note: "COMPLETELY BEWILDERED."
- Note I have no real context for, thanks to autocorrect: "Lichtenstein wears his pants low."
- After the second Debose touchdown (eventually overturned by review), the GatorVision board had a caption that read "Andre Debose [CHEERING]." Had Florida won, that was going into my recap.