Alligator Army Ballot - Week 14
|2||Alabama Crimson Tide||--|
|3||Oklahoma St. Cowboys||--|
|8||Boise St. Broncos||-1|
|13||Virginia Tech Hokies||-1|
|14||South Carolina Gamecocks||2|
|15||Michigan St. Spartans||-2|
|16||Kansas St. Wildcats||-2|
|19||TCU Horned Frogs||1|
|20||Southern Miss. Golden Eagles||--|
|23||Penn St. Nittany Lions||-1|
|24||Florida St. Seminoles||--|
|Dropouts: Clemson Tigers, Northern Illinois Huskies, Notre Dame Fighting Irish, Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets|
SB Nation BlogPoll College Football Top 25 Rankings "
After the jump, reasoning.
- Look, it really doesn't matter beyond that top three. While I think Oklahoma State's resume is better than Alabama's, and would only get better with a win over Oklahoma, I also think the Tide win seven of 10 match-ups between the two teams.
- That Pac-12 logjam isn't satisfying, because Oregon > Stanford > USC > Oregon isn't satisfying, but I'm okay putting the team that beat the team that is playing the best ahead of it.
- Oregon would beat Arkansas, right? Oregon came a little closer to LSU at a neutral site, I think.
- Boise State and Georgia fall because USC rose, more or less. USC rose because I took a look at the damage the Trojans have done since losing to Stanford.
- Yes, that's Michigan and South Carolina rising because of wins over teams I don't have ranked. I didn't have Virginia ranked, either, and Michigan's moving up because I think Denard Robinson is just that special on offense, and would help Michigan win most of the shootouts it would get itself into against teams lower in my rankings.
- Can Baylor and TCU just play again?
- Florida State is ranked because, well, I ran out of other teams.
Thoughts, those of you running on more sleep and with fewer papers hanging fire?