Reviewing our 25 predictions for Florida's game against Georgia in Jacksonville.
- Florida will score in the first quarter.
Wrong. Florida's horrific first quarter found the Gators down 7-0 in short order, a lead that lasted into the second quarter.
- Florida will force more than one punt in the first quarter.
Wrong. Florida forced just one punt in the quarter, though the Gators did pick off a pass.
- Jeff Driskel will throw for at least one touchdown.
- Driskel will throw for more than 175 yards.
- Driskel will have a rush of more than 10 yards.
Right. Driskel had a 20-yard run in the fourth quarter.
- Mike Gillislee will rush for at least 100 yards.
Wrong. Gillislee finished with 77 rushing yards.
- Gillislee will score at least one touchdown.
Wrong. Gillislee didn't get in the end zone.
- Gillislee will average between four and five yards per carry.
Wrong. Gilly missed four yards per carry on the low end.
- Jordan Reed will lead Florida in catches.
Right. Reed had five on the day.
- Reed will also lead Florida in receiving yardage.
Right. Reed had 74 receiving yards.
- A Florida wide receiver will make a touchdown catch.
Wrong. Why the hell did I predict this?
- Florida's offense will allow fewer than four sacks.
Wrong. Driskel was sacked five times.
- Florida will lead at halftime.
Wrong. The cruelest miss of any of these; all Driskel has to do is take a sack or throw the ball away instead of trying to throw across his body into traffic in the end zone and I'm right.
- Dante Fowler will record a sack.
Wrong. Fowler did, however, get pulled down on a hold that basically prevented a sack.
- Florida's defensive line will be responsible for at least seven combined tackles for loss and sacks.
Wrong. Three, total.
- Jon Bostic will make a big play.
Wrong. No TFLs, no sacks, no plays in the passing game.
- Antonio Morrison will have more than three tackles.
Wrong. Morrison had just two tackles despite Jelani Jenkins' absence for much of the game.
- A Florida defensive back will force a fumble or make an interception.
Right. Florida defensive backs had three interceptions, because Aaron Murray's an idiot.
- Florida's defense will force at least two turnovers.
Right. Florida got three picks from Murray.
- Neither Todd Gurley nor Keith Marshall will rush for over 60 yards.
Wrong. Marshall was sparingly used, but Gurley ran for 124 yards.
- Aaron Murray will commit at least one turnover.
Right. Easy money.
- Florida will make a big play in special teams.
Wrong. I would count Sturgis' long field goal as a big play if I were feeling cheap here, but there wasn't anything like a return or a fake or a big hit like I was expecting.
- Kyle Christy will have a punt of at least 60 yards.
Wrong. I was counting on the wind and Christy getting to punt more than three times in it. Thanks, turnovers.
- Florida's defense will give up fewer than five yards per play in the game.
Right. Georgia managed 4.6 yards per play.
- Florida will win, 31-20.
This Week: 8-for-25, 32 percent. Season To Date: 94-for-200, 47 percent.