Chomping at Bits comes stocked with the best Florida Gators links and news we can find. Got a link we should check out? Email us at AlligatorArmy@gmail.com, subject line CAB, or find us on Twitter at @AlligatorArmy or on Facebook at Facebook.com/AlligatorArmy.
Florida Gators links
The smooth transition to Tyler Murphy: Murphy's made it easy in his own way, but Florida's done an excellent job of giving him the tools to succeed. (Scott Carter, GatorZone)
Loucheiz Purifoy quiets the critics: And he ended some ribbing from his teammates. (Chris Harry, GatorZone)
Big plays carry the day: Can't remember the last time Florida had as many at home as it did in this game. (Chris Harry, GatorZone)
Purifoy named Walter Camp Defensive Player of the Week: Nice, if kinda meaningless, honor. (GatorZone)
Gideon Ajagbe's motivation: Finally got a chance to check out the new-look The Gator Grind site. Looks sweet. (Julia Hackett, The Gator Grind)
Dominique Easley, Sharrif Floyd watch Florida-Arkansas together: My heart. (GatorBen86, Gator Bait Board)
Florida secondary takes "No-Fly Zone" too far: Thank goodness no one was seriously hurt, so we can laugh at this. (The Unsportsmanlike Gentleman)
How our Arkansas blog saw the game: Steps forward and back for the Razorbacks. (Doc Harper, Arkansas Fight)
Florida recruiting links
JUCO WR visits Florida, decommits from Tennessee: Learn the name Eric Lauderdale. (Evan Woodberry, Knoxville News)
After being at the Swamp yesterday,,, I'm wayyyy past more excited to pursue my student/athlete career at UF #hurryupsenioryear 🐊🐊🐊🐊🐊🐊— Khairi Clark (@KhairiClark) October 6, 2013
DB cool and all ,. I like getting the band playing Doe— SWEET PEA (@AdoreeKnows) October 7, 2013
Alligator Army links
- Florida vs. LSU: Tigers installed as touchdown favorites over Gators
- Florida's Poll Position: Gators No. 17 in Week 7 USA TODAY poll, AP Top 25
- Florida vs. Arkansas, Theater of Operations: Tyler Murphy, Solomon Patton connect for TDs
- Florida vs. Arkansas, Rapid Recap: Gators' Loucheiz Purifoy, Solomon Patton show out
- Florida 30, Arkansas 10: Tyler Murphy throws for three TDs, Gators manhandle Hogs
College football links
How Northwestern fans should take losing to Ohio State: Crushing close losses are new for the Wildcats. (Rodger Sherman, Sippin' On Purple)
Baylor is putting up silly numbers: Just insane. (Mark Seymour, Our Daily Bears | Matt Hinton, Football Study Hall)
SEC questions of note: Like, for example, what the heck is going on at South Carolina? (Brandon Larrabee, Team Speed Kills)
- "I mean, I could've blocked it" — Will Muschamp, on Austin Hardin's blocked field goal.
- "You seen our coach?" — Loucheiz Purifoy, on choosing to restrain himself after an Arkansas player allegedly spit on him.
- "He took it to the crib." — Michael Taylor, on Purifoy's pick-six.
- "I knew the penalty was the correct call. That's why I didn't argue it." — Bret Bielema on the penalty that nullified Purifoy's muffed fair catch.
Gators Moments of Zen
Caption, from Carina Hargreaves: "Papa Greaves' first Gator game! Glad I got to see him before he went back to Texas #bestdadever #bestcoachever"
Caption, from Holly Pole: "Had a game at Alabama today and my dad flew out this morning to catch my game and he's flying home with us tonight. I don't know how I was so blessed with the most amazing and supportive parents ever!"
1967 U of Florida football media guide: no women, darkroom for developing pictures pic.twitter.com/QVHEXbzyHa— darren rovell (@darrenrovell) October 6, 2013
What's the most impressive part of Florida's shift to Tyler Murphy? Did Purifoy win you back with his big night on Saturday? Are you happy that Easley and Floyd watched the game together? The comments are yours.
Andy Hutchins is Alligator Army's managing editor. Follow Alligator Army on Twitter and Facebook.