Florida has officially announced the firings of offensive coordinator Brent Pease and offensive line coach Tim Davis through a statement on GatorZone.
The announcement, credited to GatorZone's Scott Carter, describes the firings by saying merely that Pease and Davis "will not return for the 2014 season."
Here's Will Muschamp's statement on the firings:
"I have a lot of respect for Coach Pease and Coach Davis. They are both good football coaches and even better people. There have been a lot of unfortunate circumstances this year, but that is part of the game sometimes. I want to thank each of them for their contributions to the program both on and off the field."
And here's Pease's statement on his departure:
"I am grateful for the opportunity to come to the University of Florida and work with a bunch of great coaches, administrative staff and players. I know we came up short of our ultimate goal, but I will carry on knowing I gained valuable friendships and relationships during my time here."
No statement from Davis is included in the announcement.
- Florida fires offensive coordinator Brent Pease, according to reports
- Loucheiz Purifoy to enter 2014 NFL Draft, according to report
- Florida vs. FSU: Observations from the day after the end
- Florida vs. Florida State, Theater of Operations: Defense steps up early, then falls apart
- Florida State 37, Florida 7: Gators' season ends with loss to Seminoles