Redshirt freshman Rhaheim Ledbetter will transfer from Florida, Gator Country's Andrew Spivey reports.
BREAKING: Redshirt freshman fullback Rhaheim Ledbetter has decided to transfer from #Florida.— Andrew Spivey (@AndrewSpiveyGC) December 11, 2013
Ledbetter to GC "I have to do what's best for me and my family."— Andrew Spivey (@AndrewSpiveyGC) December 11, 2013
Ledbetter came to Florida as a safety in the class of 2012, but failed to get purchase in a secondary held down by upperclassmen during the 2012 season. Before the 2013 season, Ledbetter switched positions, ending up at fullback, where he had a better chance of seeing the field.
But Hunter Joyer and Gideon Ajagbe locked down the position in the fall, with Ledbetter playing just twice, in Florida's opener against Toledo and its season finale against Florida State. And with both players returning, and the secondary even better stocked than it was when Ledbetter arrived, playing time at Florida just isn't in the cards for Ledbetter.
Ledbetter, a cousin of Brandon Spikes and high school teammate of Florida defensive end Jonathan Bullard at Crest High School in Shelby, North Carolina, leaves Florida with three years of eligibility remaining.
As always, we wish Ledbetter the best of luck in his academic and athletic careers.
- Florida vs. Kansas, The Difference: Six takeaways from a huge Gators win
- Chomping at Bits: Talking a little Gators-Jayhawks and the quarterback position
- Florida 67, Kansas 61: First half, free throws fuel Gators in win
- Florida vs. Kansas, Game Thread: Gators, Jayhawks face off in the O'Dome
- Florida vs. Kansas: Rock Chalk Talk answers our Jayhawk questions