My 25 predictions for Florida's attempt to take back The Swamp against South Carolina (noon, SEC Network or WatchESPN)...
- Treon Harris will throw more than 20 passes.
- Harris will account for more than 250 yards of total offense.
- Matt Jones will lead Florida in rushing yards.
- Jones will also lead Florida in yards per carry.
- Florida wide receivers will combine for at least 10 receptions.
- Only one Florida wide receiver will catch a touchdown pass.
- Harris will have more than 200 passing yards.
- Florida will have at least three touchdown drives.
- Florida's offense will average more than 5.0 yards per play.
- Florida will not score first.
- Florida will score in the first quarter.
- Florida's defense will allow fewer than 4.4 yards per play.
- Florida will give up at least three plays of more than 30 yards.
- Florida will not force a fumble.
- Florida will have at least one interception.
- Dante Fowler, Jr. will record a sack.
- Jarrad Davis will make a big play.
- Duke Dawson will not make a big play.
- Dylan Thompson will complete at least 50 percent of his passes.
- Mike Davis will not run for 100 yards.
- Florida will make a field goal.
- Andre Debose will make a big play ... on offense.
- Kyle Christy will average better than 45 yards per punt.
- Florida will never trail by more than seven points.
- Florida will win, 31-24.
- And Florida will have taken back The Swamp by doing so.
I just want this game to be over with, really. It brings me only minimal pleasure to see Florida beat Steve Spurrier.
But I think, behind a solid ground game and an improving Treon Harris at quarterback and a defense rarin' to prove that it can shut down Spurrier's offense, that's what we're going to see today.