My 25 predictions for Florida's ... wait, there's a really a game today? I guess it's at noon on the SEC Network or WatchESPN? Huh.
- Treon Harris will account for at least two touchdowns.
- Harris will rush for more than 70 yards.
- Matt Jones will lead Florida in rushing yards.
- Jones will also lead Florida in yards per carry.
- Florida wide receivers will have at least 150 receiving yards.
- Quinton Dunbar will catch a touchdown pass, because of course.
- Harris will have under 250 passing yards.
- Florida will score at least 30 offensive points.
- Florida's offense will average more than 5.0 yards per play.
- Florida will still, somehow, not score first.
- Florida's defense will allow fewer than 4.5 yards per play.
- Florida will give up at least 150 rushing yards.
- Florida will force a fumble.
- Florida will have at least one interception.
- Dante Fowler, Jr. will record a sack.
- Bryan Cox, Jr. will record a sack.
- Alex Anzalone will have a good game.
- Vernon Hargreaves III will have a great game.
- Eastern Kentucky will complete less than half of its passes.
- Florida will make a field goal.
- Andre Debose will make a big play.
- Kyle Christy will average better than 45 yards per punt.
- Florida will never trail by more than seven points.
- Florida will win by double digits..
- And yet it will all feel hollow.
I'm watching because I have to, not because I want to. And I suspect I'm not alone, especially given the shots of a half-empty stadium I've seen on Twitter.
This is how the Will Muschamp era ends at home: Not with a bang, but with a whimper. Let's hope it at least ends with a win, too.