On Saturday night, Florida went on the road and defeated Kentucky, 69-59, for the program's first win at Rupp Arena since 2007.
That year, Florida won the national championship.
This year, Florida might.
Scottie Wilbekin had a career-high 23 points, Casey Prather had 24 points, Patric Young had 10 points and five rebounds, Dorian Finney-Smith had eight points and five boards off the bench, and the Gators won at Rupp Arena, where John Calipari had previously been 81-2 as head coach of Kentucky.
Florida has a three-game lead in the SEC, and would need to collapse to not win the league for the second consecutive year. Florida's seniors have won in every SEC arena except for Missouri's. Florida stood up to the biggest bully it's seen this year — and referees who had no issues with the bullying — and prevailed, in a primetime game, with much of the nation watching.
More analysis in the morning. I promise. Tonight is for celebrating.
- Florida vs. Kentucky, Game Thread: Make them, or take it, or make them take it
- Florida vs. Kentucky: A win at Rupp is one of the last laurels left for Gators' seniors
- Florida vs. Kentucky: Could common opponents tell the tale?
- 10 again: Kytra Hunter makes more history with perfect vault, Florida thumps Arkansas
- Florida Gators track and field gets ready for busiest weekend of season