Will Muschamp met with the media Friday at noon to talk about Florida's efforts at fall practice thus far.
Some notes, will add more when I finish listening:
- Jeff Driskel's completing 70 to 75 percent of his passes in camp, and, when asked if Driskel is "very far" ahead of Florida's other quarterbacks, Muschamp replied in the affirmative.
- Offensive line news: D.J. Humphries and Chaz Green are Florida's starting tackles, Rod Johnson and Trenton Brown are Nos. 3 and 4, Cameron Dillard would be Florida's second-string center, and Max Garcia is playing well at center.
- Slot receivers mentioned: Alvin Bailey, Valdez Showers, Latroy Pittman.
- On Florida's fight: "I don't want fighting on the field. You fight in a game, you get kicked out. So I addressed it after practice. You had a young player, a freshman, that got a little excited, and in those situations ... you had a bunch of guys trying to separate the situation, but ... it's not something we tolerate."
- On fighting in football: Says it stems from competition, and "I've been in 20 training camps ... I don't think there's been one that hasn't had a skirmish. You guys call it a melee, I call it a skirmish."