It's nice to start the year by getting predictions right for a change...
- Florida will receive the ball to begin the game.
Wrong. Eastern Michigan received.
- Florida will score in the first quarter.
Right. Scored 17 points, in fact.
- Florida will lead by double digits in the first quarter.
- Jeff Driskel will take every snap at QB for Florida in the first quarter.
Wrong. Treon Harris came in briefly, running a Wildcat snap for one yard.
- Treon Harris will take more than five snaps at QB for Florida in the second quarter.
Wrong. Harris didn't actually play a snap at QB in the second quarter, even after two weeks of coaches saying they wanted to get him in the game in the second quarter.
- A Florida QB will throw at least one interception.
Wrong. No picks on the day.
- Kelvin Taylor will be Florida's leading rusher.
Right. But juuuust barely: Taylor had 68 yards to Matt Jones's 65.
- Taylor will not have Florida's longest run of the day.
Right. Mack Brown had a 47-yard carry that was the day's long.
- At least five Florida players will have carries for positive yardage.
Right. Try eight.
- Quinton Dunbar will finally make a touchdown catch. (Yep. Still. Screw it.)
- Gators receivers will combine for more than 10 catches.
Right. How about this stat? Florida WRs combined for 20 catches, despite Clay Burton's biggest day ever.
- A Florida tight end will make a catch. (A holdover, this one.)
Right. Burton had seven. Seven!
- Florida will score more than 40 points.
Right. 58 POINTS FROM THAT OFFENSE.
- Florida's defense will allow under 4.2 yards per play.
Right. A 2.3 yards per play was all Florida allowed.
- Florida's defensive line will have at least three sacks.
Wrong. Florida had three sacks, but Alex McCalister produced the only one by a DL.
- Florida will allow fewer than five plays of more than 20 yards.
Right. Florida allowed ... zero.
- Michael Taylor will lead Florida in tackles.
Right. Tying Taylor: Neiron Ball outta nowhere. Both LBs had six total tackles.
- Vernon Hargreaves III will not record an interception.
Right. Weird to bet against VH3 and be right.
- Florida will force at least one fumble.
Right. Florida only got credited with two forced fumbles on the day, but Eastern Michigan had four.
- Florida will make a big play on special teams.
Right. Thanks, Dre.
- Florida will outgain Eastern Michigan by at least 200 yards.
Right. Florida outgained Eastern Michigan by 530 yards.
- Florida will not win by shutout.
Wrong. Awww, dammit.
- Florida will win.
Right. Easiest pick.
- There will be at least one weather delay.
- We'll still have a few things to complain about.
Right. Jake McGee's injury has to count here, right?