Saturday, Florida State will play N.C. State in Raleigh at Carter-Finley Stadium for the first time since 2012.
Here's a brief list of what happened in college football on the day that game was played:
- Florida beat LSU, 14-6, earning a win that produced a lot of "Hey, Will Muschamp might be pretty good" talk from national pundits.
- Florida State lost to N.C. State, blowing a 16-point halftime lead and going scoreless in the second half on the way.
- Georgia got annihilated by South Carolina, 35-7.
- Geno Smith threw four TD passes for West Virginia as the Mountaineers beat Texas in a matchup of two teams in the top 11.
- Marcus Mariota threw four TD passes against an FBS team for the first time.
- Iowa State upset a TCU team that was on a 15-game winning streak.
- Oregon State moved to 4-0 on the season, and assured itself of staying in the top 15 of the polls.
- Stanford beat Arizona, 54-48, in overtime.
- Gio Bernard starred for North Carolina in a win over Virginia Tech.
- Penn State scored 22 fourth-quarter points to upset Northwestern.
- Arkansas, coached by a coach no longer in coaching, beat Auburn, coached by a coach no longer in coaching, by 17.
- Johnny Manziel rallied Texas A&M from a 10-point deficit in the fourth quarter to beat Mississippi.
Things change so, so very quickly in college football.
And it's only if they change for the worse for you that you might think that's a bad thing.