I chose ... well, not poorly, but also not all that well.
- Florida will not score first.
Wrong. To be fair, how was I to know LSU would muff a punt?
- The first score of the game will be a field goal.
Wrong. To be fair, how was I to know Florida would get to Fourth and Gator?
- Neither team will lead by more than 20 in the first half.
Right. Thanks, Treon Harris pass to Antonio Callaway.
- Treon Harris will not take every snap for Florida.
Wrong. He took every snap.
- Harris will have at least 40 rushing yards.
Wrong. He gained more than 40, but lost a bunch on sacks.
- Harris will throw for more than 175 yards.
Right. 271! Not bad.
- Treon Harris will have a better completion percentage than Brandon Harris.
Wrong. Prior to the fourth quarter, maybe.
- Both quarterbacks will throw an interception.
Wrong. Neither did. So much for DBU, huh?
- Florida will average more than 4.5 yards per play on offense.
Right. 5.2 yards per play for the Gators.
- A Florida tight end will make a touchdown catch.
Right. Jake McGee had both TD receptions, in fact.
- Florida will not have a run of more than 30 yards on the night.
Right. The longest Florida run was a 17-yard Treon Harris scamper.
- Florida will have at least five "explosive" plays on offense.
Right. Three runs of more than 10 yards, four catches of more than 20 yards.
- LSU will hold Florida scoreless in at least one quarter.
Right. The fourth. :(
- Florida will record two or more sacks.
Wrong. How about none?
- Cece Jefferson will have a big play.
Right. I'm gonna count his block on Kelvin Taylor's TD run, thanks.
- A defensive back will lead Florida in tackles.
Right. Keanu Neal had 14.
- Florida will commit more than one turnover.
Jalen Tabor will record at least one interception.
Wrong. He didn't even really get a chance.
- Johnny Townsend will average better than 45 yards per punt.
Wrong. 42.5 yards per punt ... including a 34-yarder to LSU's 1.
- Florida will make no more than one field goal.
Right. Florida made zero.
- Florida will not gain more than 350 yards.
Right. 326 yards.
- Florida will allow at least one play of 50 or more yards.
Right. Two, in fact.
- LSU will not trail in the fourth quarter.
- Neither team will score more than 27 points.
Wrong. Both did!
- LSU will win, 23-17.
Wrong. But I almost nailed the margin!
13-for-25, 52 percent.
Season to Date:
104-for-175, 59.4 percent.