Get ready to be disappointed ... that my predictions were actually okay!
- Mississippi will score first.
Wrong. Florida scored first and second and third and fourth.
- Only one team will score in the first quarter.
Right. Florida led 13-0 after the first quarter.
- Neither team will lead by more than 17 in the first half.
Wrong. Florida led by 25. 25! That's a lot!
- One team will lead by double digits at some point in the game.
Right. Just Florida.
- Will Grier will not throw every pass for Florida.
Wrong. Florida did play Treon Harris, but only on a two-point conversion on which he did not throw. (I think I would've counted that as a throw had he made one, for what it's worth.)
- Grier will throw for more than 200 yards.
Right. 271 yards, making him the first Gator since Tim Tebow to throw for 270 yards in consecutive games.
- Mississippi's Chad Kelly will throw for more yardage than Grier.
Wrong. But not by very much. Kelly finished with 259 yards through the air.
- Grier will throw an interception.
Wrong. And not even close, really.
- Florida will average under five yards per play on offense.
Wrong. 5.6 YPP after a much higher figure in the first half.
- (Eh. Screw it.) Demarcus Robinson will make a touchdown catch.
- A Florida player will have a carry for more than 33 yards.
Wrong. Longest carry on the night? A 16-yarder for Kelvin Taylor on a draw ... which came on third and 24.
- Florida will have more than six plays of 15 or more yards on offense.
Wrong. Would you believe it was exactly six? Because it was.
- Robert Nkemdiche will have at least one sack.
Wrong. The Mississippi superstar had one tackle and recorded no other stats.
- Florida will record no more than three sacks.
Wrong. The Gators gnawed on Chad Kelly for four.
- Jonathan Bullard will have no more than two combined sacks and tackles for loss.
Right. Unbelievably, this was right: He had 1.5 TFL and half a sack.
- A defensive back will lead Florida in tackles.
Wrong. To be fair, no one predicted Antonio Morrison would have 13 tackles.
- Florida will commit multiple turnovers.
Wrong. Commit? I totally did not mean commit...
- Florida will record at least one interception on defense.
Right. VH3's elusive pick-six may be in this predictions before season's end.
- Johnny Townsend will average better than 45 yards per punt.
Right. Townsend punted five times for 235 yards, and he also buried the Rebels on more than one occasion.
- Florida will make a field goal.
Right. Jorge Powell made two.
- Florida will not gain more than 400 yards.
Right. A tidy 355.
- Florida will allow at least two plays of more than 50 yards.
Wrong. Mississippi had no plays of more than 23 yards. WOW.
- Florida will trail in the second half.
Wrong. Yeah, no.
- Neither team will score more than 35 points.
Wrong. I mean, I was close!
- Mississippi will win, 34-21.
Wrong. And happy to be wrong.
9-for-25, 36 percent.
Season to Date:
73-for-125, 58.4 percent.