Chomping at Bits comes stocked with the best Florida Gators links and news we can find. Got a link we should check out? Email us at AlligatorArmy@gmail.com, subject line CAB, or find us on Twitter at @AlligatorArmy or on Facebook at Facebook.com/AlligatorArmy.
Florida to be without three linemen vs. Florida Atlantic: Alex McCalister will miss the game after injuring his foot at South Carolina, Joey Ivie will be out for the second straight game, and Jordan Sherit is being held out with a hamstring injury after starring in the second half in Columbia.
And, frankly? This doesn't worry me much. Florida didn't give up the points it did against the Gamecocks because of its line being substandard; that was on a pair of rare secondary busts, one on a trick play. And McCalister and Sherit not playing means more snaps for CeCe Jefferson, who is worth giving snaps to regardless. The Owls might run a bit better against Florida because of this, but it's much, much more important to be close to full health for Florida State and Alabama than against FAU — and that's why SEC teams consistently schedule these late November cupcake games, at least in part: They're buffers. (Thomas Goldkamp, 247Sports)
Florida is "a team in discovery": I think about 70 percent of what Jim McElwain says about motivations and so forth is really just meaningless. But the other 30 percent is pretty interesting, and him talking about the learning process that comes before concerted effort is part of it. (Scott Carter, GatorZone)
Gators believe in themselves: And I'd be a fool to say the 70 percent strikes everyone as meaningless blabber. (Jordan McPherson, The Independent Florida Alligator)
Keith Stone to redshirt: I think this is a good call. And given that I'd heard Justin Leon was likely to redshirt (he's clearly not doing so), I think this is actually a better decision than what was previously on the table, though Harry hints that Alex Murphy's injury helped make it more obvious for all involved. (Chris Harry, GatorZone)
Gators have exceptional 2016 gymnastics recruiting class: Granted, most of this work was done by Rhonda Faehn, but Jenny Rowland will have talent in the barn. (Becca Johnson, Gymnastike)
Talking to Neil Leifer: The gawd. (Alex Belth, Deadspin)
Your Gators moments of zen:
This account does not implicitly endorse its staff's Tweets https://t.co/YUqehK425y— alligatorSports (@alligatorSports) November 17, 2015
Just shouted "HARGREAVES" at that great tipped halfcourt pass by Kasey Hill and he busted out laughing. So did I.— Jonathan Arnholz (@JArnholz) November 17, 2015
Conveniently "a team with a bunch of Florida kids that wish they were Gators" describes our opponents for the next two weeks #GoGators— Kenzie Callender (@KenzieCallender) November 14, 2015
Get Ya Brooms Out .. The East Has Been Swept— Joshua Grady (@iAm_StatXII) November 14, 2015
The comments are yours.