Today is August 1, the beginning of the period allowing "official" contact between "prospective student-athletes" and the schools recruiting them to play sports for the 2016 class, so Florida's sending out a slew of "official" scholarship offer graphics (likely to go along with true official scholarship offers).
The most interesting part of the graphics, though, is the part that varies from one recruit's graphic to the next: Each player is told a scholarship from Florida will allow him "to walk in the same hallways as Gator legends like" two position-specific players.
Here are those "Gator legends," by position, as far as we can tell:
- Quarterback: Tim Tebow (via Tyrek Tisdale)
- Running back: Emmitt Smith and Fred Taylor (via LaMical Perine)
- Wide receiver: Percy Harvin and Cris Collinsworth (spelled "Collingsworth"; via Nate Craig-Myers)
- Tight end: ???
- Offensive lineman: D.J. Humphries and "the Pouncey twins" (via Stone Forsythe)
- Defensive end: Dante Fowler and Kevin Carter (via Janarius Robinson)
- Defensive tackle: Sharrif Floyd and Dominique Easley (via Antwuan Jackson)
- Linebacker: Mike Peterson and Brandon Spikes (via Vosean Joseph)
- Cornerback: Joe Haden and Lito Sheppard (via Chauncey Gardner)
- Safety: Matt Elam (via Tyrek Tisdale)
That seems like a pretty solid list of players. All of the players we've seen called "legends" either were first-round picks or spent at least six years in the NFL, and Smith is obviously still a Hall of Famer and the NFL's career rushing leader; inarguably, he has the greatest NFL career of any Florida product.
We'll update this post as more graphics get tweeted.