I was right about not being as right as last week!
- Florida will score first.
Wrong. That was ECU.
- But that first score won't be a touchdown.
Wrong. I was predicting a Florida field goal here.
- Florida will lead by double digits in the first half.
Wrong. Never more than three.
- Florida will lead by 24 at some point in the game.
Wrong. Never more than 14.
- Will Grier will play Florida's first four series.
Right. Played those four, then rotated out.
- Grier will throw for more than 200 yards.
Wrong. Topped out at 151.
- Treon Harris will play at least three series.
Right. I believe it was six.
- Harris will throw at least one touchdown pass.
Wrong. Harris led Florida to a touchdown on the ground, though.
- Grier will post a better passing rating than Harris.
Right. About 160 to about 119.
- One of Florida's QBs will throw an interception, but no more than one.
Right. Grier "threw" a pick. But just the one.
- Florida will average better than five yards per play on offense.
- Demarcus Robinson will make a touchdown catch.
Right. Good call here, I think.
- Florida's running backs will combine for more than 150 yards.
Wrong. Florida ran for 168 yards, but Grier and Harris had about a third of that total on scrambles of their own.
- Florida will have at least three plays of 30 or more yards on offense.
Wrong. But so, so close: DeAndre Goolsby had two, and another 28-yard catch.
- Florida will record at least three sacks.
Right. Joey Ivie had all three.
- Alex McCalister will have at least one sack.
Wrong. A disappointing night for the freakish rusher.
- Caleb Brantley will have at least one tackle for loss.
Wrong. He shared one. I'm not counting it.
- Alex Anzalone will lead Florida in tackles.
Wrong. I kinda got screwed here, because Anzalone left and Jarrad Davis led Florida in tackles in his stead, but them's the breaks.
- Florida will force multiple turnovers.
Right. I think it should've been more than three, too.
- Keanu Neal will not play.
Right. Probably the easiest one here.
- Florida will hold East Carolina under 7.0 yards per pass attempt.
Right. 6.0 on the dot.
- Florida will not allow a play of more than 50 yards.
Right. East Carolina's longest play covered just 31 yards.
- Florida will not trail after halftime.
Wrong. Florida trailed 14-10 in the third quarter.
- Florida will score fewer than 60 points.
Right. Second-easiest one.
- Florida will win, 45-17.
Wrong. And not particularly close.
12-for-25, 48 percent.
Season to Date:
32-for-50, 64 percent.