Reviewing our 25 predictions from Florida’s SEC opener against Kentucky...
- Both teams will score in double figures. Kentucky never made it there. Wrong.
- Florida get to double figures in the first half. Florida was up 14-0 shortly into the second quarter. Right.
- Florida will lead by at least seven points at halftime. Florida led 24-0. Right.
- Luke Del Rio will throw at least two touchdown passes. How about four? Right.
- Del Rio will throw at least one interception. Del Rio threw a tipped pick. Right.
- Del Rio will be the only Florida QB to throw a pass. Austin Appleby entered in the fourth quarter and threw exactly one pass. Thanks, dude. Wrong.
- Jordan Scarlett will lead Florida in rushing yards. Scarlett was third, with 43 yards. Lamical Perine and Mark Thompson both outgained him. Wrong.
- Other Florida rushers will total at least 75 yards combined. Florida’s non-Scarlett runners tallied 201 yards. Right.
- Antonio Callaway will get a carry. Callaway didn’t. Wrong.
- Tyrie Cleveland will make a catch. He didn’t, and, per Jim McElwain, re-aggravated a hamstring injury that has been bothering him since fall camp. Wrong.
- A Florida tight end will make a catch of more than 20 yards. DeAndre Goolsby had just such a 28-yard catch on the first drive. Right.
- Callaway will also return a kick. Callaway returned the opening kickoff for 21 yards. Right.
- Caleb Brantley will record at least two tackles for loss. Brantley actually didn’t even record a tackle. Wrong.
- CeCe Jefferson will record at least one sack. Jefferson had a tackle for loss, but no sacks. Wrong.
- Jarrad Davis will lead Florida in tackles. Alex Anzalone had six tackles. Davis had three. Wrong.
- At least two of Kylan Johnson, Rayshad Jackson, and Vosean Joseph will record tackles. Johnson had three tackles and a share of a sack, and Joseph had a solo tackle. Right.
- Teez Tabor will not make a big play on defense. Ha. Whoops. Wrong.
- Quincy Wilson will make a big play on defense. Nailed it. Right.
- Marcus Maye will make a big play on defense. Nailed it. Right.
- Kentucky’s Drew Barker will throw for more than 200 yards. Ha. Whoops. He threw for 10 yards and had two completions. Wrong.
- Florida’s defense will allow fewer than 5.0 yards per play. 3.1, in fact. Right.
- Florida will force at least one turnover. Four! Right.
- Florida will win the turnover battle. A +3 margin. Right.
- Eddy Pineiro will make a field goal of at least 45 yards. He knocked one in from 54 yards, though he did miss his other two kicks. Right.
- Florida will win, 34-17. Well, anyway. Wrong.
Last week: 14-for-25, 56 percent.
2016 season to date: 24-for-50, 48 percent.