It’s nice to look back at predictions and smile, even if the proportion of correct picks seems a little low.
- Florida will score at least 30 points. 32! Right.
- Florida will get to double figures in the first half. It was 19-0 at halftime. Right.
- Florida will lead by at least 10 points at halftime. ...I already said it was 19-0 at halftime. Are you paying attention? Right.
- Luke Del Rio will throw at least two touchdown passes. He threw zero. Wrong.
- Del Rio will not throw an interception. One of those, too. Wrong.
- Del Rio will not be the only Florida QB to throw a pass. Sadly, called it. Right.
- Mark Thompson will lead Florida in rushing yards. A couple of big runs helped him get to 85 yards. Right.
- Florida will have at least one carry for more than 30 yards. Thompson chugged for 36 yards on a third and 18. Right.
- Antonio Callaway will not play. Less sadly, called it. Right.
- Freshman wide receivers will combine for at least five catches. Josh Hammond had two and Freddie Swain had one. That’s three. Wrong.
- A Florida tight end will catch a touchdown pass. No one did! Wrong.
- Florida will make a big play on special teams. I don’t think a great punt in a shutout counts? Wrong.
- Caleb Brantley will record at least one tackle for loss. A safety on the second play from scrimmage made this one of the earliest right calls ever. Right.
- Jabari Zuniga will record at least one sack. He had two. Right.
- Alex Anzalone and Jarrad Davis will combine for more than 10 tackles. They had eight. Wrong.
- Anzalone will record at least half a sack. Zero sacks for Thor. Wrong.
- Teez Tabor will make a big play on defense. If him blowing a coverage is a big play, I don’t want to be right. Wrong.
- Florida will have at least one interception. Thanks, Marcell Harris! Right.
- Multiple North Texas quarterbacks will throw passes. Maybe poor Mason Fine would have wanted a breather, but... Wrong.
- North Texas will throw for fewer than 150 yards. North Texas gained fewer than 150 yards. Right.
- Florida’s defense will allow fewer than 5.0 yards per play. Florida’s defense allowed just over a yard per play. Right.
- Florida will force at least two turnovers. C’mon, everyone who isn’t Marcell Harris. Wrong.
- Florida will win the turnover battle. One takeaway, one giveaway. Wrong.
- Eddy Pineiro will make at least two field goals. Just the one. Wrong.
- Florida will win, 41-6. I was close on the margin! Wrong.
Last week: 13-for-25, 52 percent
Season to date: 37-for-75, 49 percent