I’ve long been on the record that the “Gator Rewind” the crack Florida Gators video staff puts together is one of the absolute best things about Florida’s entire program.
After a 47-21 road win over rival Tennessee, as it turns out, there was plenty of material for a really good six-minute “Gator Rewind.”
Dope things about this edition include:
- Being able to see Jachai Polite’s “mask off” celebration of the David Reese interception he forced on Tennessee’s first drive.
- Seeing Feleipe Franks looking deep on what would become the throw to Freddie Swain for Swain’s long catch-and-run touchdown, then resetting his eyes and finding Swain.
- Dameon Pierce running toward paydirt ... with a very empty Neyland Stadium behind him.
- Josh Hammond giving an instantly legendary quote to the camera as he high-fives fans: “We take what they want, and we come out with the W. That’s gon’ be the Gator Standard from now on, y’feel me?”
- Dan Mullen, seconds after telling his players that they scored the most points Florida ever has at Neyland, cautioning them that it won’t always be like this...
- ...and then Mullen telling them that singing their fight song in an opponent’s locker room after a win is “one of the greatest things ever known”...
- ...and then the video just including the entire friggin’ fight song.
There are a lot of things wrong with football, sure. And this Florida team may well have found its high-water mark in this win.
But both of those things sure look awesome in the right light.