I know: It’s been a minute since the last one of these.
But here’s just a brief rundown of things I want to tackle this week:
- The fallout from Florida’s loss to Georgia on Saturday, and what it did — and didn’t — change about the Gators’ NCAA Tournament designs.
- The fallout from Florida having a rough few weeks on the recruiting trail, capped this weekend by presumed Florida leans Carson Beck and Parker Braun heading elsewhere.
- The bizarre saga of Jachai Polite being miffed about an unusual job interview ... and most everyone siding with the interviewers.
- Florida gymnastics picking up the school’s third SEC title in a week.
- Florida baseball scoring 28 runs and hitting three grand slams in one game.
- Florida’s women’s basketball team, which is still probably heading to arguably its worst season ever, going on the road to knock off a team that just beat Tennessee at Tennessee.
Some of these things are going to be better handled later this week, and I’m flying mostly solo this week. But you can probably count on a Weekend Review like last week’s Weekend Roundup that will touch on a bunch of stuff coming later today, and some of the other stuff following it.
And because this is the Weekly Open Thread, I open it to you to tell me what else you think you might want to read about, or that I might have overlooked in that rundown of topics to cover. I’m all ears, and I’ll be here in the comments for at least a little while today.